Tuesday, February 24, 2009

UNEMPLOYED


Looking for a job should be considered as a job because from the moment I wake up to the time I lie down to go to sleep I am looking for a job. That includes searching the numerous job sites that cater to job seekers, going to various hiring events and going to alot of interviews.

With that being said, I hate going to those interviews for those marketing/sales/customer service jobs. I know what to look for now but in the beginning I was just happy to get a call back and would get all prepared just to be completed disappointed.

"You mean to tell me you want me to sell these vacuum cleaners."

That is one of the many marketing type positions I have been coerced into going to the office and thinking I'm about to be interviewed for a real paying, benefit having, regular pay check job and then I find out that I have to set up appointments and sell knives door to door. Yes this is what I am now having to encounter on this wicked job hunting job that I got.

I know that I am very marketable as an employee but with the unemployment rate so high I am not the only eligible employee out there and I am competing for entry-level jobs with people that have Master degrees. I mean that's a real eye-opener if I don't say so myself. I am going to go back to school to add on to the skills that I already possess just to make it just that me more easier for me to at least get past the "resume sent" stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment